nice phone for an old person

I got my mom this one today. She breaks and loses things now, so this phone will be perfect. I've been playing with it for hours and am impressed. HUGE brightly lit buttons, big clear screen, powerful speaker. It's a big-ass phone.

The contract phone it will replace was expensive. At less than $30, I can buy 8 to 10 of these for the price of one contract device. Go ahead and drop it in your dinner, I'll run out and get ya another one. ๐Ÿ˜€

I'm porting her number off of the contract carrier on Wednesday.

It's the Alcatel A382G, also known as the "Big Easy." No-contract pay-as-you-go carrier is Tracfone.

Advertisements

7 responses to “nice phone for an old person

  1. operainchicago

    :up: the good son!

  2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_3310I had to have a look at it. I swear I still see things like that in use, especially among some of my weird relatives.My mom and aunt kept a StarTAC in their cars until just a couple of years ago. I'm sure neither one worked. They just sat in the floor and made weird crackling and buzzing noises.Another funny one: I upgraded a phone for a relative one time. She said, "I think I'll give my old phone to the church." I said, "no, just let me pitch it in the trash for you instead of making the reverend do it."

  3. :up: Oddly enough, an image of an old Nokia 3310 battling against that Alcatel A382G popped up in my head. I'll just continue chuckling to myself. ๐Ÿ˜†

  4. Originally posted by slackwrdave:

    I had to have a look at it. I swear I still see things like that in use, especially among some of my weird relatives.

    They probably keep it 'cause it's a tough lil' phone.Originally posted by slackwrdave:

    My mom and aunt kept a StarTAC in their cars until just a couple of years ago.

    I think my ex-step father had one of those! Originally posted by slackwrdave:

    Another funny one: I upgraded a phone for a relative one time. She said, "I think I'll give my old phone to the church." I said, "no, just let me pitch it in the trash for you instead of making the reverend do it."

    ๐Ÿ˜€

  5. That's quite a nice looking basic 'phone. If only it ran Android…

  6. Originally posted by harrytheman:

    If only it ran Android.

    I got a new pair of Androids for Brian and myself coming in the mail right now. I'm doing a carrier change, too. Should be interesting.

  7. Originally posted by slackwrdave:

    Should be interesting.

    Keep us posted on that one, Dave. ๐Ÿ™‚

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s